Teaching and Learning Support Services
The Teaching and Learning Support Services (TLSS) is an academic support cluster of the college composed of three departments, namely: Learning Resource Center, Science Laboratories, and E-Learning and Information Technology Services. These departments provide resources, services, and programs that would support the curricular learning needs of students and faculty.
The Teaching and Learning Support Services aims to:
- provide relevant reading materials and multimedia resources to faculty and students which would support the curricular offerings of the college;
- offer technological assistance for research and instruction needs of faculty and students;
- maintain updated science laboratory equipment and apparatus and provide services/assistance which will aide in the practical learning experience of students and faculty.
The Teaching and Learning Support Services functions to:
1. Create academic support programs that complement classroom instruction which are in keeping with the College’s mission;
a. Training on the use of Interactive board and other multimedia equipment.
b. Tutorial on Databases utilization.
c. Conduct orientation and instruction.
d. Organize lecture series for students who need subject remedial and/or enhancement.
e. Provide free Microsoft Office 365 Accounts, other available softwares, and technical support to Students, Faculty and Staff.
f. Provide access and technical assistance to students and faculty on the following:
- School system
- Learning Management System
- Online and offline software
- Institutional email
g. Create semestral examination and class schedule for students and faculty.
h. Prepare necessary chemical reagents, equipment, and materials requested by the laboratory instructors for his/her laboratory class.
i. Support faculty and students doing research to allow the use of equipment, materials and consumable supplies.
j. Assist the e-Learning and IT Services in the scheduling of laboratory classes.
2. Provide quality services which are responsive to faculty and students needs;
a. Make Video recording and editing of faculty lecture and laboratory exercises.
b. Digitize book following the copyright law provisions.
c. Provide database remote access.
d. Assist in related literature search.
e. Respond to online and face-to-face queries and requests.
f. Provide available innovative software that can aid in the instruction of faculty and learning tools for students.
g. Provide better internet connectivity.
h. Provide technical assistance to SPC email accounts, school automate system end users, and learning management systems users.
i. Provide technical assistance to all local area network users.
j. Ensure that databases are up and running 24/7.
k. Responds to SPC social media messages.
l. Develop and maintain the school website.
m. Assist laboratory instructors when laboratory accidents happen by applying first-aid and accompanying student/s to the clinic.
n. On emergency cases, laboratory assistant can be requested to oversee a laboratory class.
o. Provide an access area for Science Laboratory software for faculty and students’ use.
3. Develop and foster appropriate laboratory and technological skills of the students and faculty;
a. Organize tutorials / trainings on online presentation tools.
b. Conduct webinars on productivity tools and learning management system.
c. Conduct training/orientation on Labster, My Dispense, and other laboratory software.
4. Make measures or standards to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of performance in the delivery of services;
a. Conduct customer satisfaction survey at the end of school year.
b. Make a comparative analysis on the result of LRC utilization reports.
c. Conduct personnel performance evaluation.
d. Close monitoring of the computer laboratories, equipment, and wireless fidelity access points.
e. Facilitate in the purchase of laboratory equipment, apparatus and glassware, chemicals and other consumable supplies.
f. Coordinate with the academic deans in the procurement of laboratory equipment, reagents, and other laboratory supplies.
g. Provide appropriate teaching-learning standards based on accreditation requirements.
5. Provide opportunities that can equip the personnel with needed competencies; and,
a. Develop professional and personal competencies following the domains of the National Competency Based Standards for Filipino Librarians such as: managing information sources, managing information services, managing information tools and technology, managing information organization, communication, customer service, leadership, ethics and values, interpersonal competencies, and cultural competencies (refer to LRC STAFF DEVELOPMENT PLAN SY 2020-2025)
b. Encourage personnel to continuous education.
c. Organize seminar/workshop/training pertaining to customer service, teaching-learning, safety and manipulation of equipment for faculty and staff and to coordinate with the CPD coordinator to apply CPD units for the participants.
6. Establish local and international dynamic linkages in the field of academic support services.
a. Regularly update membership to professional and institutional associations like Philippine Librarians Association (PLAI), Medical and Allied Health Libraries Association of the Philippines (MAHLAP), Philippine Association of Academic and Research Libraries (PAARL), Academic Libraries Book Acquisition Systems Association (ALBASA), Davao Colleges and Universities Network (DACUN).
b. Collaborate actively to international university which SPC LRC has a resource sharing agreement.
c. Annual membership to Philippine Society of IT Educators and Academe.
d. Link with local, national or international higher education institution on IT facilities and services.
e. Establish link with SPC animal laboratory and research hub.
f. Collaborate with government agencies, industrial institutions, local and international universities to keep abreast with the current technology and stimulates the scientific mind of the laboratory community.
The following Departments comprise the TLSS:
- Learning Resource Center (LRC)
- Science Laboratories
- E-Learning and Information Technology Services (E-LITS)
TLSS will also coordinate with other departments/offices.
- Academic Departments
- Registrar’s Office
- Office of Student Affairs
- Research, Publication, and Innovation Center
- Finance Department
- General Services Office
- Human Resource and Development Office
- Internalization and Linkages Office
- Spirituality and Formation Center
- Quipper Team
V. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE